Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 57: Still as unpredictable as ever

Yesterday Mari had a great day. She put herself to sleep for two lengthy naps with no more than five minutes of mild fussing, and to sleep at night after 10 minutes of mild fussing. But today everything seemed off. It took her half an hour to fall asleep for her morning nap, though she seemed tired enough, and slept for only half an hour. I let her stay up because she seemed wide awake.

Though she fell asleep more quickly for her afternoon nap, she woke up again after only half an hour, despite having put herself to sleep without me in the room, obviously still tired. So I had to rock her back to sleep. I don't want to encourage her to think she has to be rocked back to sleep, but I didn't know what else to do. She was obviously exhausted but after having already slept for half an hour, I doubted she'd be able to put herself back to sleep on her own. Maybe I had too little faith in her, but I didn't want to risk her upsetting herself, not being able to get back to sleep and getting overtired.

In the late afternoon, she again seemed tired, but she refused to fall asleep and because it was getting late, I let her get up after half an hour in her crib. I don't know what I did wrong today, if anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment