Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 78: The teething nightmare has started

Last night was Mari's roughest night in a long time. Actually, her whole day yesterday was rough, though she napped a pretty decent three hours in total (though she woke up earlier than usual). She just seemed fussy and clingy all day. She was acting like she was overtired as soon as she got up in the morning but when I tried to put her down for an extra-early nap she wasn't having it, so she ended up napping at her usual times.

At night, she woke up briefly to squawk I don't know how many times. I didn't go to her all those times because sometimes the squawking only lasted a minute or two, but she was up for nearly half an hour shortly after midnight, not a time when she usually wakes up, and every two hours or so after that, though she only night-nursed twice. She was up for the day at 5:45 this morning. I was NOT pleased.

Today she seemed extra interested in sucking on everything, so I looked in her mouth again, and lo and behold, big bumpy lower gums. Sigh. I guess it was too much to hope that she'd be a late teether.

No comments:

Post a Comment