Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 35: Bad, bad naps

Argh. Mari slept for only 35 minutes in the morning, which always bodes poorly for the day. Sure enough she was fussy all day but wouldn't sleep. She went nearly five hours between her first and second naps, which is unprecedented. In total she only napped 2 hours, 10 minutes and was clearly overtired and squawky most of the day.

Night sleep is going mostly all right now, so why are naps such a problem?  I've been so desperate to get her to nap I haven't been good about following the sleep plan. I think I need to take a more hands-off approach to her naps, though, even though it makes for some cranky days, because if she doesn't learn to put herself down for naps this will continue to be a problem. I am still reluctant to let her cry it out entirely, but maybe I need to tolerate a little more fussing.

No comments:

Post a Comment