Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 37: Do babies have nightmares?

Wow, Mari just woke up SCREAMING. Usually she wakes up with a little cry that turns into fussing or calling but this time it was top-of-her-lungs shrieking. I waited only about a minute before I went in, just long enough to be sure it wasn't just a sleep cry. It took only a moderate time to settle her down and I didn't have to nurse her, but for awhile she seemed truly in a panic. It almost sounded like she was in pain, though I didn't notice anything that could possibly be hurting her. She isn't teething yet. The only thing I can think of is: was it a baby nightmare? If so, what nightmares do babies have?

Today: Naps were problematic again, though not as badly as some days. She woke up twice during her second nap and had to be rocked back to sleep because she still seemed tired. Also, she only had a 30-minute late-afternoon nap. I feel like I'm making no progress whatsoever on the nap front.

No comments:

Post a Comment